Sarasota Bay Estuary Program
The Sarasota Bay Estuary Program (SBEP) hired T3M in October 2010 on a three-year contract followed by a two-year extension and then a 90-day extension. SBEP is one of the 28 national estuary programs in the U.S. with intergovernmental partnerships with Sarasota County, Manatee County, City of Sarasota, City of Bradenton, Town of Longboat Key, Florida Department of Environmental Protection, and the U.S. EPA.
Key results over 63 months:
- Prepared and distributed 245 media releases resulting in several hundred media link postings. This sustained productivity over five years exceeds the output of the prior 20 years. T3M significantly expanded media and public awareness of the SBEP mission and its various programs.
- Created a new enhanced website to enable regular updates. The current website is a major enhancement over the prior static website.
- Developed the SBEP Blue Dolphin Awards Program to honor local champions of Sarasota Bay. Ten individuals and groups have received the award since 2012.
- Developed the Sarasota Bay Water Festival featuring SBEP as the Founding Sponsor. Recruited 100 organizations to be sponsors and exhibitors. T3M managed and promoted three successful Water Festivals in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Each event attracted several thousand guests of all ages and backgrounds.
- T3M worked with SBEP to raise more than $20,000 in sponsorship contributions and exhibitor fees to support each of the Water Festival events. The collected revenue paid all of the bills as part of the event budget.
- The Sarasota Bay Water Festival was the first and only public event in the region exclusively focused on the welfare of Sarasota Bay and its natural resources and recreational amenities.
- Created PowerPoint presentation to enhance public perceptions of SBEP and its partners. T3M made many presentations on behalf of SBEP with local groups including schools, homeowner organizations, neighborhood associations, business groups, and boating clubs.
- Improved the SBEP E-Newsletter Bay Reflections with enhancements in design and content.
- Expanded the SBEP list serve from 600 to 2,600 individuals.
- Expanded the SBEP Facebook network from 115 to 1,250 individuals.
- Launched Sarasota Bay Today, a unique blog website focused on the professionals that support the restoration and enhancement of Sarasota Bay. The blog features 24 interviews with elected representatives, scientists, ecologists, resource managers, educators, nonprofit leaders, and private contractors. Each interview brings positive attention to the interviewee, their organization and the SBEP.
- Completed a unique survey of 300 professionals working on or near Sarasota Bay to learn more about local perceptions about SBEP as an organization and issues impacting on Sarasota Bay. The survey provided an opportunity to promote SBEP with face to face marketing.
- Helped develop the plan for a two-year Economic Valuation Study of Sarasota Bay funded by the SBEP. The support by T3M included recruiting the PhD researcher that was selected to lead the comprehensive study.
- Developed a Creative Expressions Photo & Art Gallery on the SBEP website to celebrate the passion people feel about the beauty and importance of Sarasota Bay. The gallery features 600 digital files from 40 area photographers and artists.
- Developed a digital Habitat Restoration Map on the SBEP website to display the prior, current and planned restoration projects.
- Developed a digital Bay Partners Grant Map on the SBEP website to display completed grant projects in Sarasota and Manatee County.